Saturday 29 May 2010

Old is the new old.

I know this picture is old but I couldn't resist. Pleased that god listens to Slayer. I do. And not for the ticking the box ironic Vice magazine meytul-ness of it all but because it makes me happy. I looked around the Barrowland last night and saw scores of people - young and old-ish, hairy and only slightly hairy, male and even female - beaming as a bunch of fortysomething men sweated out some big raging things called 'Mandatory Suicide', 'Seasons in the Abyss' and 'Raining Blood'. Time is tight. I don't have a space on my dance card to pretend to like things more than I actually do so my status in small but influential subsets of society is inflated, I want to be excited, thrilled, indulged. That's what heavy metal does for me. It indulges without question. Some would argue so does happy hardcore but that sounds really annoying. There's a difference.
Rating
If this gig was a much underrated US sit-com from the early 2000s about a bloke not really getting on with his sister's kids it would be: The Bernie Mac Show

No comments:

Post a Comment